The 4th Annual HTX BIKE FEST is an all day festival taking place September 17, 2016 at Market Square Park in Downtown Houston.
In Collaboration with The Downtown District, hosted by Black Gold Cycling, The Byke Project, and Neue Creative, and presented by KARBACH Brewery and Mercedes Benz of Sugar Land, this festival is designed to bring cyclists and bike enthusiasts from all over the city to one place for one day.
The festival will boast a huge all day swap meet and over 50 different bike industry vendors. This year's festival will include a variety of demos from various bike sports such as bike polo, bmx/fixed gear freestyle, various cycling contests, sprint contests hosted by Texas Gold Sprint’em and a new featured sprint competition called the Big Ring King Challenge. Karbach will also be hosting a new mountain bike obstacle challenge. The festival will be FREE to the public and the Bike Fest will be working to raise funds through this event to purchase new bikes for kids and families in low income areas. The festival hours will be from 10am - 6pm.
THE MAP BELOW SHOWS THE VENUE LAYOUT FOR 2014. THIS YEAR'S LAYOUT WILL BE SIMILAR MINUS SEVERAL CHANGES IN THE STREET COURSE.
- 50+ Bike Industry Vendors and Artists
- Morning Swap meets by local bicycle vendors / dealers
- DJs all day long
- Live Music from 3 local Houston bands. TBA.
- Festive Atmosphere
- Benefits Bike Houston.
- Gold Sprint contests by Texas Gold Sprint'em and Black Gold Cycling
- Sides Events (foot down, bunny hop, Ulock, trackstand)
- BMX and Flatland contests / demos.
- Bike Polo Demos by the Houston Hardcourt Crew
- 6700 sq/ft of bike demo / contest space